Thursday, November 1, 2012

Brotherly Love



 (For some reason, I can't make a caption on the video soooo I give you the Knights of the Holy Queen. These are the brothers I love so much <3 )

So there are many things in life I'm thankful for. Naptime, showers, freshly shaven legs, coffee, christmas themed coffee creamer, and Martha Stewart's kitchen collection- just to name a few. But today, I am thankful in particular for one very special group of men. The Knights of the Holy Queen. These men have had a bigger impact on my life than they'll ever know. They're awesome, amazing, crazy, passionate, and filled with a love of Our Lady that's inspiring.
They call me on to holiness in every aspect of my life and help keep me humble. They're willing to drop everything in a second without a regard to what they'd rather be doing.... or play for 5 hours straight during a retreat.  They're everything I want my brothers to grow up to be.  

These  are men.

Men aren't just people who open up doors, help carry in groceries, and (maybe some day) put a shiny rock on your left hand. Men call you on to be a better representation of the perfect woman- Our Lady. I once had a conversation with a friend in which we determined that a woman shouldn't be treated like a princess- she should be treated like shes a model of Our Lady.

Why is this? Because Our Lady was kind of a baller. I mean seriously... at the drop of a hat, she was at Elizabeth's side to help her despite the fact that she was bearing the Savior of the world and was facing being killed by her community. Nope. She went to go help her cousin. Also while carrying the Savior of the world, she rode to Bethlehem... on the back of a donkey.  She was a tough cookie. But she did it in a feminine way.

So ladies, please don't walk around and expect to be treated like a princess. Expect to be treated like a model of Our Lady. Its nice to have the door held open for you but never forget that you are capable of doing it on your own. Look for a man who will see both Our Lady and Eve in you- because remember you are both. We're all on this journey together.

Thank you, Knights for being amazing, crazy, and the perfect brothers to balance our our crazy sisterhood <3

No comments:

Post a Comment