Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pure Exhaustion

I have no idea why I am so tired! Its not even like a "Oh I could use a nice little nap" tired. No. Its like, my eyes are closing in class and its only noon tired. What the heck?! But I digress. 


Nicholas lookin all fly and stuff

I got to go home this weekend which was awesome! My brother Nicholas went to his first homecoming and I must say, he looked rather dashing. The original plan was for him to wear a bow tie but his date said she'd prefer if he didn't. Guess who he will NOT be taking to the next dance. Seriously!! Who doesn't love a guy with a bow tie? People with poor taste, that's who. 

I still think that there is nothing more attractive than a man in a suit and tie. Hopefully one day I'll get to marry a businessman and finally have a use for this sick obsession I have with ironing things. There's just something about taking a wrinkled mess and turning it into something presentable that's just very therapeutic for me. 


Icecream cake!! yyaaayyy!!!!
In addition to it being Nicholas's homecoming, it was also my brother Christopher's birthday!! He is now 17 years old....shoot. I'm old. I don't remember my 17th birthday at all! Whats even crazier to me is that it wasn't that long ago... only 4 years ago! 

Even though it makes me feel ancient to say that I cant remember my 17th birthday  I still find comfort in the idea that all the trials and trouble of the present  will most likely be forgotten in the next 4 years or so. For some reason, that calms my heart and makes me stress a little less about all the crazyness and drama that goes on. Its comforting to know that you wont feel this way forever. Its nice to know that at some point, the pain goes away. 

The birthday boy with Momma! 
I used to hate change. I would get angry or upset or hurt when people would come in and out of my life or when I was removed from one situation and put into another. But I guess time has made me wiser and I find myself pining for those moments when everything changes. Anything to break up the monotony of it all.  

I have to be careful though and remember to not let myself become anxious or dissatisfied with the 'stillness' of life. There is beauty in that too! 
Alrighty well I'm exhausted and no fun tonight. I'm going to attempt to be productive and try to ignore my body aching right now =) 

Peace and Blessings <3 




No comments:

Post a Comment