Thursday, October 4, 2012

Restarting.

So all of my old posts are deleted. This is my attempt at starting a fresh. I was inspired by this quote that I came across on Pinterest that said - "We are what we repeatedly do." After thinking about it for a while, these words by Aristotle really started to tug at me. I guess this has to be the Lord's grace or something because 87% of the time I can just lie to myself and justify everything that I do wrong with sugared promises of repentance and regret.... but that's another post for another time.

Now back to why I deleted all the other posts and am starting over.

You know those pictures that you look back on from middle school and high school that make you cringe with suppressed awkwardness? The ones where you look at that dress you wore to your 8th grade 'social' and wondered who ever let you leave the house looking like that? I could go on and on of tales of my awkwardness but again... another time. Well those old posts were kind of like that for me. I read through them and saw only rants and complaints of what was bothering me at the time. And then I had this thought-  if  Aristotle is right and we are what we repeatedly do then through my ranting via an internet source, I'm filling the world with the very negativity I'm complaining about!

*Cue beaming light and hallelujah chorus*

So here is is folks. A fresh start. I have so much in this life to be thankful for and I want to be the person spreading joy to others instead of opening their eyes to negatives they might not have noticed before.

So go! My challenge for you today is to smile and say hello to one person you usually just walk by and pull out a cell phone to avoid eye contact with. You're better than that =)

Peace and Blessings <3

No comments:

Post a Comment